Marketing Communications Intern – Part Time
At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education, and entertainment and we’re currently seeking a Marketing Communication Intern to join our team.
What You'll Be Doing:
As Marketing Communications Intern, you will use your writing and graphic design skills to complete assigned marketing tasks in support of the department. In addition, you will assist and support other members of the internal marketing team (events, digital marketing, partner marketing) as needed.
What You Bring to Assure Success:
- You have a high school diploma and are currently attending college. You plan to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in communications with an emphasis in marketing communication, business/strategic communication, visual communication and design, social media strategy, or public relations; and you’re currently enrolled in related courses/curriculum.
- Your schedule allows you to work up to 20 hours per week (80 hours per month) in a hybrid work setting (some time working on your own at home and occasional meetings in the AVI Systems office).
- You’re organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You understand how to use a personal computer including an advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- You are comfortable writing creative briefs as well as marketing collateral content (email copy, web copy, and other promotional content). You’re also able to effectively gather and present information to the marketing team for decision making. And, you can create and deliver basic graphic design assignments (email headers, hero images, case studies, etc.).
Responsibilities for Marketing Communications Intern:
- Help create marketing materials using your writing and graphic design expertise
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, digital marketing email, and web-based marketing)
- Prepare detailed content presentations in PowerPoint
- Assist with the planning and promotion of AVI’s national sales meeting and other client-facing events
- Monitor social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
Qualifications for The Position:
- Experienced with writing content – articles, emails, social media posts, web content
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Flexible work schedule – able to attend in-person meetings and events as requested
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn, collaborate and share creative ideas
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.