At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment and we’re currently seeking an Programmer to join our Denver team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Control systems programming is completed and consistently meets system design specifications, functional and operational requirements. Programming services would include control systems, digital signal processors, matrix switches, conferencing system components, or other devices requiring software setup for functionality.
- Digital signal processors are set up, completed and consistently meet system design specifications, functional and operational requirements.
- Product recommendations during the design process consistently meet the application requirement and are compatible with other products within the system design.
- Service programming and necessary troubleshooting is facilitated when able with focus and accuracy, addressing both new and legacy systems.
- Touch panel designs are easy to use, exhibit customer color schemes and logos, and have proper grammar and detail.
- Touch panel designs and button by button descriptions are created in advance of the project when scheduled and given to the Project Manager for customer review prior to the integration.
- Programming statements of work and labor estimates are accurately prepared.
- Post integration issues and follow up is kept to a minimum, and skills are proven by project results.
- Control systems and DSPs are tested, corrections made with verification so that the system meets design specifications, workmanship standards, functional and operational requirements at established company technical services standards.
- Control system and DSP software and firmware is loaded and tested.
- Control system and DSP changes are documented.
- Customer training needs delivered as specified in project plan.
- Required project closing documentation for assigned projects are stored in the identified project repository upon completion of installation and conform to company policies enabling the turnover of the system to the Service Department for future warranty and service.
- System cabling, labeling and termination is completed in accordance with system diagrams and established company technical services standards.
- Required project technical and operating manuals are retained in accordance with instruction of the Lead Installation Technician, Project Manager, or the Project Engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret project documentation to include; system flow diagrams, elevations, details plan drawings and schedules.
- Control system and DSP programming and firmware is loaded and tested for functionality in accordance with the system design and established company technical services standards.
- Systems are tested to insure final functionality and necessary corrections made within design specifications in accordance with the systems’ functionality design.
- Training is provided to Level I Control System Programmer assigned to the project.
- A minimum chargeability of hours worked is 75%.
- Assigned tasks related to system programming, integration and installation are regularly completed within the budgeted time.
- Feedback is provided to facilitate improvements to the programming and estimation process.
- Tasks are performed to meet or exceed the technical and quality standards established for the project and by the company.
- Work done in conjunction with other construction trades and contractors is amicably and professionally performed.
- Sales leads for products or services are generated regularly and communicated to Area leadership.
- Equipment and materials assigned to projects are safeguarded and documented in accordance with company policies.
- Service contracts are regularly promoted to customers.
- Communicate scope or condition changes requiring consideration of a change order to the Sales Representative, Design Engineer and Project Manager.
- All additional assignments and responsibilities are handled in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- This position may be required to assist with Service calls.
- Directly accountable to Technical Services Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
What You Bring to Assure Success:
- Previous experience in the service or installation of audio, video, and/or audiovisual, presentation systems and IT/Networks
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and make sound decisions based on customer satisfaction
- Communication and customer relation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites
- InfoComm CTS-D Certification
- COMPTIA Network Plus or CCNA Certifications
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.