At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the company’s financial reporting and internal controls systems and processes, including, but not limited to, quarterly internal financial statement reporting, monthly managerial reporting (Key Indicator Reports, etc.), the Company’s annual financial statement audit, financial and incentive compensation reporting and processing. To complete the above objectives in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all pertinent laws and regulations.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Financial statements and management reports are reviewed, analyzed, and issued on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Accounting systems, general ledger and internal controls are adequate to produce accurate and timely managerial reports and quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Annual audited statements contain no material errors from those produced during the year.
- General ledger maintenance, including but not limited to maintaining the GL chart of accounts, managing GL account access, and closing periods.
- All material general journal and other odd or unusual general ledger transactions are reviewed for propriety, accuracy and compliance with general accepted accounting principles and regulatory reporting requirements if applicable.
- Operational audits are conducted as directed by the CFO or VP of Finance of various business units, processes, or procedures to determine level of compliance with AVI policies and procedures as well as for economy, efficiency and results.
- Conduct audits of various business units to determine compliance with pertinent laws, regulations and AVI policies.
- Assist in implementing compliance related recommendations while maintaining positive relations with coworkers.
- Checking accounts are reconciled monthly and adjustments posted. Processing problems noted in performing reconciliation are communicated with those responsible and corrective action recommended.
- All balance sheet accounts are reconciled regularly and at least quarterly in accordance with the reconciliation guidelines specified for the General Accounting Team.
- Assist Director of FP&A as needed with preparation of annual budget and/or financial projections including updating and testing financial model and generating accurate and meaningful regional and total company budgets.
- Reconcile the budgeted results listed in the Company’s accounting system to the budgeted results generated by the Company’s budgeting model.
Professional Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Required skills include a minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting and 7+ years of experience in either public accounting or in a financial services operation of equal size and complexity to the company’s financial services department.
- Extensive financial reporting and general ledger experience, experience with KPI reporting, a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and a sufficient understanding of percentage of completion accounting to ensure that all quarterly financial statements are issued on a GAAP basis.
- Certified Public Accounting and/or Certified Managerial Accountant certificate is highly desirable.
- Management experience of a team is required
- Must be able to work independently and be able to make management decisions within the scope of policies, procedures and budgets of the company.
- Customer and employee relation skills also have direct results on success in the position
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.