At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment and we’re currently seeking an AV Install Technician III to join our Los Angeles, CA team.
What You'll Be Doing
- On-site surveys are conducted to verify readiness to accept system.
- Any on-site needs and problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Materials, tools and equipment necessary for On-site Installation are staged and documented in accordance with company policies.
- Technician is expected to arrive at work site as much in advance as necessary to begin work at identified time.
- Materials, tools and equipment necessary for project assembly are staged and documented in accordance with company policies.
- Job site work areas are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Rack assembly, equipment placement and console placement tasks are performed in accordance with system diagrams and established company technical services standards.
- System cabling, labeling and termination is completed in accordance with system diagrams and established company technical services standards.
- Equipment external to the racks is installed and custom panels or products are fabricated in accordance with system diagrams.
- Required project technical and operating manuals are retained in accordance with instruction of the Lead Installation Technician, Project Manager, or the Project Engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret project documentation to include; system flow diagrams, elevations, details plan drawings and schedules.
- Control system programming and firmware is loaded and tested for functionality in accordance with the system design and established company technical services standards.
- Systems are tested to insure basic function and necessary corrections made within design specifications in accordance with the systems’ functionality design.
- Training and supervision of work is provided to Level I Installation Technicians assigned to the project.
- A minimum chargeability of hours worked is 75%.
- Actual costs of assigned integration projects do not exceed 5% of their budgeted installation costs.
- Period progress reports and accurate estimates of total job costs and estimated costs to complete projects are provided to the Project Manager for all projects.
- Tasks are performed to meet or exceed the technical and quality standards established for the project and by the company.
- Sales leads for products or services are generated regularly and communicated to Area leadership.
- Feedback is provided to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
- Equipment and materials assigned to projects are safeguarded and documented in accordance with company policies.
- Service contracts are regularly promoted to customers.
- Communicate scope or condition changes requiring consideration of a change order to the Sales Representative, Design Engineer and Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Work done in conjunction with other construction trades and contractors is amicably and professionally performed.
- Systems are tested, corrections made with verification so that the system meets design specifications, workmanship standards, functional and operational requirements at established company technical services standards.
- System changes are communicated to the project engineer for preparation of as-built CADs.
- Certificates of substantial completion and customer satisfaction surveys are delivered, received, and documented for assigned projects.
- Customer training needs, delivery of as-built CADs and manuals are provided in a timely manner.
- Required project closing documents for assigned projects are submitted to the Project Manager upon completion of installation and conform to company policies enabling the turnover of the system to the Service Department for future warranty and service.
- All additional assignments and responsibilities are handled in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- This position may be required to assist with Service calls.
- 6.1 Directly accountable to the Technical Services Manager or Installation Manager.
- Indirectly accountable to the Project Manager or Lead Installation Technician of the project.
What You Bring to Assure Success:
- Previous experience in the service or installation of audio, video, and/or audiovisual, presentation systems and IT/Networks
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and make sound decisions based on customer satisfaction
- Communication and customer relation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites
- InfoComm CTS Certification preferred
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.