At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment and we’re currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer to join our Minneapolis Team!
AVI Systems is looking to grow our IT Engineering team with an enthusiastic and talented engineer in our Eden Prairie, MN office. This position will design, develop, build, operate, and support AVI’s network, server, and datacenter infrastructure. Our IT environment includes a corporate datacenter, 20+ regional offices, Azure, AWS and other cloud-based services.
- Responsible for AVI's LAN/WAN environment including routers, switches, firewalls, access points, etc.
- Design, configure and maintain network services including but not limited to MPLS, BGP, DNS, and DHCP
- Ensures environment is monitored and that alerting is in place to notify in the event of an outage
- Provide visibility into real time and historic network utilization
- Analyzes network performance and provides recommendations for improvements
- Ensures AVI's LAN/WAN is designed and configured with a focus on security, redundancy, and best practices
- Responsible for AVI's physical, virtual and cloud server compute environments
- Responsible for integration of IT services including but not limited to Office 365, Azure AD, SSO, ERP, Service Now
- Ensures server hardening is completed on all deployments
- Works with the Security and Systems Administrators to ensure all servers and applications are current on patches and security updates
- Work with other IT team members to evaluate, analyze, design and test new applications and services
- Responsible for AVI's Datacenter and Remote Office IT environments
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitors environmental conditions and provides suggestions for improvement
Ensure remote office technology is deployed in a consistent, supportable configuration
- Works closely with AVI's System Administrator to identify and implement appropriate backup policies ensuring all critical data and systems are recoverable
- Monitors the age of equipment and recommends upgrades during yearly budgeting process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft system administration and Cisco networking
- Experience deploying and supporting MPLS, WANs, VPN and internet connectivity
- Knowledge of Office365 Administration, Azure AD, ADFS
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud computing environments
- Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing network tools to monitor servers, firewalls, and network components for errors, security issues, and other problems; review device, network, and application logs; review usage and utilization statistics.
- Knowledge of major hardware components, RAID configuration, backup systems, storage technologies.
- Good written and verbal language skills as well as strong presentation skills are essential for this position
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.