At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, health care, education and entertainment and we are currently seeking an AV Service Technician I to join our Madison team.
As a Service Technician, you'll provide service and customer support during field visits. Managing all on site, repair, maintenance and testing of integrated audio/visual systems. Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions. Working with the newest A/V distribution devices the Field Service Engineer must be proficient in working with hardware and software solutions alike.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacting with end users in a confident professional manner.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair of digital audio/visual equipment. Service calls may include: issues related to control equipment, projectors, wall-mounted displays, microphones, digital AV switchers, DSPs and other audio equipment.
- Termination of RJ45, DM, XLR, Tip Ring Sleeve, and various other connectors.
- Running cable in corporate environments.
- Reading and following CAD drawings, for both equipment configurations and blueprints.
- Review and research manufacturer websites/manuals to determine best next steps for resolution of open issue.
- Perform software and firmware upgrades as required to correct problems encountered in the field.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance visits to help maintain stable system environment.
- Check functionality of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Responsible for all service call documentation: service tickets, client follow-up,
- RMA processing, and checklists pertaining to site visits and preventative maintenance checks.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of audio/visual technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s license and car
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Strong computer, software configuration and networking skills.
- Strong client skills - ability to communicate in a timely and organized manner.
- This position does have physical demands. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds, crawl under tables and behind Audio Visual racks, work on ladders, etc.
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.