At AVI Systems, we live and breathe technology. It is just part of our DNA. We are a systems integrator that creates custom audiovisual, unified collaboration, and digital media solutions to improve how people work and communicate. Our technical experts partner with architects, builders, facility, and IT managers to design systems used by organizations in every industry and of every size – from 60,000 seat stadiums to small meeting rooms. It is our goal to deliver easy-to-operate, simple to maintain, and ROI-focused solutions that result in human impact -- technology that works for people, not the other way around.
AVI Systems is seeking a Software Developer to join our IT team in our Eden Prairie, MN office. This position is a primary resource for enhancing, maintaining, and supporting AVI’s software systems and processes across the entire enterprise. The position will work closely with both management and end users to understand and implement new functionality as well as provide 2nd and 3rd tier support for software related issues.
- Responsible for software application custom code creation and modification to personalize the software applications to meet AVI’s business needs
- Design, develop, and/or configure web services to support integration between disparate systems
- Engage in new implementation initiatives with research of applications abilities and impacts to AVI’s business and articulate concerns and benefits to management
- Responsible for software releases and testing for assigned applications
- Ensures monitoring is in place to track overall system and application performance
- Define scope of work and construct APIs with other software integrations
- Subject matter expert for software applications capabilities as it relates to utilization, efficiencies, and desired processes and procedures
Configuration and management of software (such as but not limited to; user accounts, profiles, roles, permissions, templates, workflows, rules, dashboards, and reporting)
- Act as the liaison between AVI and software vendor to deliver solutions for AVI’s business needs
- Work with hardware and software vendors as well as internal team to troubleshoot complex issues
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 escalation support for the Service Desk
- Actively manages small, independent projects and plays a significant role working on team projects
- Provide support to other areas of Information Technology as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Software experience with an in-depth knowledge of programming, configuration, reporting, database structure, and business processes
- Familiar with ERP concepts and principles, accepted business practices, and problem analysis
- Experience with software design, front-end development, back-end development, software documentation, agile software development process, and software maintenance
- Ability to tie business processes and requirements together with software functionality
- A logical “process/systems” thinker and an advocate of positive change and promotes continuous improvement
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of database design principles a plus
- College graduate with a degree in IT/Computer Systems or comparable experience preferred
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.