At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment and we’re currently seeking a Sales Engineer in our team.
The Sales Engineer will provide technical consultancy and specialized support to augment sales efforts. Individual will be capable of designing IPTV and OTT solutions to meet specific customer needs and assist with the development of formal sales plans/proposals. Additional responsibilities include technical training and utilization of customer feedback for solution development.
The Sales Engineer will possess a broad knowledge of technologies and equipment used to build video headend systems for telecommunications. Knowledge of healthcare/hospitality smartroom video streaming systems and patient/guest experience systems is a plus, but not required. Individual must have the ability to learn quickly and stay current with emerging technologies relevant to content acquisition/distribution, video production, digital program insertion, conditional access, middleware and transport, VoD, network routing and design, and system monitoring/support.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the design, service and installation of IPTV systems is of great benefit.
- Past technical or engineering experience working at a telephone company with a video offering is beneficial.
- Experience with Dascom manufacturer and transport partners is a plus.
- Computer literacy skills are required, and AutoCAD software familiarity is important.
- Requires 5+ years-related industry or pre-sales experience.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent, and Cisco Networking Certifications.
- Selected candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication, strong presentation and design skills.
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.