At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education, and entertainment and we’re currently seeking a Field Engineer to join our team.
You will specialize in the configuring, readying, and troubleshooting of software/network-based product solutions. A fundamental understanding of audio-visual principles, functionality, and terminology is required to be successful.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Configuration of manufacturer applications, interfaces, and products based on system/client requirements.
- Develop configuration requirements and documents for manufacturer applications and products
- Provide support in developing, implementing, and testing patch releases and system firmware upgrades.
- Plan and execute assigned configuration tasks within deadlines both in the integration lab and the field.
- Verify systems integration wiring connectivity and terminations in the lab
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support in loading, testing, and documenting results of pre-built customized control programs, touch panel files, and DSP builds.
- Verify systems installation wiring connectivity and terminations in the field
- Complete final product configuration, testing, and commissioning of system solutions utilizing Field Commissioning Reports
- Perform end-user training on specific software applications and interfaces requiring client interaction
- Provide system configuration support based on service maintenance requests and needs
- Assist in system solutions analysis, design, development, and testing activities.
- Develop and maintain configuration policies and procedures.
- Review and recommend changes to existing configuration processes.
- Provide technical guidance to junior specialists in their assigned job duties.
Familiarity With The Following Software is a Plus:
- Crestron Toolbox
- Basic Crestron Simpl programming
- Basic Crestron VTP
- Extron Product Configurator
- Extron DSP Configurator
- Biamp DSP configuration
- Understanding of Windows operating system
- Understanding of Mac operating system
- Spinetix setup
- RGB Spectrum setup
- Brightsign Author
- Mersive devices
- Barco clickshare
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.