At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education, and entertainment and we’re currently seeking an AV Practice Solutions Architect to join our team.
What You Will Be Doing:
The AV Practice Solutions Architect partners with Branch Sales Teams in various ways in a pre-sale technical role, providing technical consultancy and specialized support to augment the sales effort, giving demonstrations and technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects showcasing audio-visual solutions, explaining features/benefits to customers, and designing solutions to meet specific customer needs.
May have direct customer interaction through the life cycle of a sale, communicating with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from project managers to corporate executives. Actively involved in the development of Practice offers in response to, and anticipation of, market demand. Additional responsibilities include in-house technical training of offers and services.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- The AV Practice Solutions Architect operates as the primary or secondary contact between the Company and the Customer
- The AV Practice Solutions Architect research available hardware and software options; analyzes the capabilities of available hardware and software; and designs an audio-visual system of various hardware and software components which work together as one integrated system, which will best meet the specific customer needs.
- Create material and conduct training as required to ensure branch proficiency in AV Practice offers and solutions.
- Regularly reviews and adjusts existing design packages for technical capability and pricing accuracy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in the professional audio-visual industry in a technical capacity, with 5+ years related experience in a Pre-Sales role required
- Previous experience in the service and installation of audio, video, audio-visual, and presentation systems
- Strong computer literacy skills and AutoCAD software familiarity are also very important
- AVIXA CTS or CTS-D required control system and network manufacturer certifications a plus. Must be willing to have a CTS-D within the first year of employment.
- Expert-level knowledge of audio, video, and control systems in professional audio-visual environments is required
- A strong understanding of videoconferencing products and unified communications preferred
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.