The Digital Signage Engineer will work with the AVI team to design and deploy currently commercially available applications, hardware, and cloud digital signage systems along with building new interactive applications, and produce time estimates and task lists based on requirements. The Digital Signage Engineer will code, debug, and document unit test systems per requirements and technical design. Provide Tier III support for helpdesk staff by assisting with deployed systems
This position provides customers and sales representatives with “fully designed” digital media systems. The Digital Signage Engineer provides selection or review of standard and custom products and services proposed by sales representatives, and integration of these products and services to meet the customer’s application.
Professional Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Completion of a Software Development Program or related field, Python course or combination of “through the ranks” education, continuing education, and experience may provide an adequate knowledge base to succeed in this position.
- Three to five years of industry experience in audio, video, audiovisual, and/or presentation systems. Computer literacy skills supported by acknowledged certification and AutoCAD reading familiarity are also very important.
- Communication, customer relation skills, and the ability to work independently and to be self-directed have direct results on success in this position.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines along with a strong ability to influence and drive consensus needed.
- Knowledge of project financial reports and the ability to control costs in the design and management of projects is essential.
- Ability to understand LAN, WAN, basic router, and network technology.
- Ability to understand and write in basic Scripting languages (Scala Script, Microsoft Visual Basic, Python, PERL, Action Script).
- Ability to understand and write in Markup Languages (HTML 5, XML or XHTML).
- Ability to configure and maintain Apache Tomcat web server or Windows IIS.
- Three years of direct experience in digital signage and advanced working knowledge of any of the following: Scala, Four Winds Interactive, Tightrope Media Systems, Navori, and other digital signage, wayfinding, or kiosk software.
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.