At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It's just part of our DNA. We're deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment. We're currently seeking an Education Market Manager to join our team.
The Education Market Manager will serve as the functional leader for the K-12 and higher education sellers. The goal is to accelerate overall sales bookings year over year as identified in the fiscal year budgeted sales bookings plan for K-12 and higher education accounts. The Education Market Manager will team with branch K-12 and higher education account managers as approved by that Area Vice President (AVP), Regional Vice President (RVP), and the EVP of Sales.
The operational decisions made to support the assigned K-12 and higher education accounts will be aligned within the business plan, budget, policies, and procedures of the company and the AVP, RVP and EVP of Sales. The K-12 and higher education sellers will be responsible for proposals to be presented to education accounts with guidance from the Education Market Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- The Education Market Manager will act as the sales leader for those assigned channel account(s) leveraging the pre-sales and technical resources assigned to those channel accounts by the receiving AVI branch AVP, RVP and VP of Sales
- Single point of contact to the K-12 and higher education sellers, any consultants and owner representative contractors (all of whom are customers) during design, integration, project management, and service phases of projects in accordance with the K-12 and higher education accounts
- Develop an annual education go to market strategy in coordination with the EVP of Sales
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets for the K-12 and higher education
- Lead the selling efforts for major opportunities, including selling strategy reviews, coordination across teams and geographies, working with education sellers and leading customer presentations
- Develop the processes and tools to align the selling strategy with the operations team to ensure that commitments are kept, and follow-on work is secured
- Direct the usage of vetted education subcontractors where it makes sense
- Coordinate the hiring, onboarding, and training of new education sellers with branch leadership
Professional Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- The Education Market Manager must possess strategic selling, technical selling, and financial planning skills
- Previous experience selling to the K-12 and higher education market is a requirement
- Ability to make strategic selling decisions within the scope of policies, procedures, and budgets of the company
- Technical knowledge of electronic classrooms and building wide systems is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, specifications, proposals, contracts, and governmental regulations
- The Education Market Manager must have the ability to develop education market plans, proposals, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. In addition, he/she must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
To receive consideration, an interested person must apply through the AVI Systems career site.