The Broadcast Engineer’s purpose is to support AVI Systems’ clients directly by assisting with the operation, training, maintenance, and management of their audio/visual and broadcast equipment and providing break/fix support for equipment failures. As the Broadcast Engineer, you will be the go-to person for the seamless technical execution of in-studio and remote productions. You’ll work collaboratively with other technical and operations staff members to manage hardware, maintain, and operate systems for the corporate studio.
The Broadcast Engineer will create and document workflows and best practices; operate and monitor key systems; maintain uptime for live streams; increase studio production opportunities; troubleshoot and resolve issues in both live and live to tape production environments.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for audio and video engineering, maintenance, and installation
- Participation in producing complex events that are highly visible within the company
- Install and maintain a video, audio, and other equipment associated with studio production
- Conduct daily room, equipment, and system checks
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues pertaining to studio recording and live broadcasting
- Live Broadcast engineering support including broadcast switching and routing, NDI, Dante, IP workflow support, audio mixing, and Recording
- Post-production editing of audio and video
- Train end-users on proper operation of A/V equipment.
- Studio environment preparation, maintenance, and support
- Perform functionality checks and routine maintenance of broadcast and A/V equipment
- Troubleshoot A/V-related issues to assess faults and root causes.
- Complete hardware and software repairs of A/V equipment to correct faults, failures, and defects.
- Create work orders, service requests, or any other type of issue handling as directed by the client.
- Follow up on open A/V-related issues and facilitate the coordination of resolution.
- Other duties as directed.
Skills and Abilities Include:
- Possess a strong understanding of broadcast signal types, audio and video formats, sync and timecode, and signal flow
- Understanding of video production - Cameras, lighting, video switchers, video playback, and recording
- Experience with digital mixers, compression, equalization of frequency (EQ), mastering
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the university.
- Advanced understanding of broadcast and A/V equipment and systems, and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting.
- Ability to complete hardware and software repairs thoroughly and correctly using a wide range of tools, meters, and other equipment.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity with system-level troubleshooting of Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of broadcast and A/V practices and procedures.
- Experience or familiarity with networking and other IT-related technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of broadcast technologies including Blackmagic Studio Pro QSC Audio Processing,
- Audio mixing and monitoring, Stream recording, and Studio Lighting
- CTS, CTS-I, or other industry-recognized certifications are a plus.
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.