At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It's just part of our DNA. We're deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education, and entertainment. We're currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our Kansas City Financial Services team.
What You'll Be Doing: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the payroll application to ensure employee information is correct for payroll, benefits, and other compliance areas. Qualified candidates will be self-motivated and possess an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Prepare and ensure payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner for multiple pay schedules.
- Enter personnel changes into the payroll system including but not limited to new hires, terminations, transfers, pay changes, and address updates.
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure accurate benefit deductions
- Ensure that all non-exempt employees' timesheets are approved by supervisors in a timely fashion and processed accurately; enter Time & Attendance adjustments as needed
- Audit and process expense reporting in Concur Travel and Expense Management
- Ensures all other voluntary and involuntary deductions are taken and accounted for throughout the payroll life cycle; including (but not limited to) benefits, 401k, garnishments, etc.
- Strong knowledge of payroll policies, procedures, and regulations
- Process manual checks
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication/customer service skills.
Requirements To Assure Success:
- 2+ years' experience processing multi-state bi-weekly/monthly payrolls.
- Must be comfortable working on a team and in an open work environment
- Excellent time management skills and meeting deadlines
- Previous Prevailing Wage experience a plus
- Must be comfortable working in an open work environment
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook; Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
To receive consideration, an interested person must apply through the AVI Systems career site