We are hiring for a Warehouse/ Delivery Driver!
At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It is just part of our DNA. We are deeply enthusiastic about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, healthcare, education and entertainment and we are currently seeking a Warehouse/Delivery Driver to join our growing team.
The Warehouse/ Delivery Driver will perform a broad range of responsibilities. The Driver and Warehouse person is responsible for safe operation of company trucks for timely delivery of products to customer and company locations. The driver will safely load, unload and transfer products as needed utilizing various equipment and forklifts within the branch location, trucks/trailers, and sites. The driver will need to have effective and high-quality customer service skills as well as assist the branch/warehouse operations as needed with warehouse duties.
- Load, unload and deliver product to customer sites within designated time frames safely using the most efficient routes as possible.
- Maintain required logs and reports necessary to maintain compliance with DOT, State Vehicle Code and Company policies relating to safety standards and operation of delivery vehicles, forklifts etc.
- Safely load and properly block, brace, and secure the cargo.
- Strong knowledge of driving/traffic and transportation laws, regulations and ensure continuous compliance while operating the truck(s).
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently to transfer, load, unload product – ensure accurate product and quantity of product is being loaded into customer.
- Handle and operate necessary tools and accessories in maintaining and managing a warehouse.
- Perform pre-check and post-check operations of Company vehicles and forklifts per required procedures.
- Perform warehouse duties and ensure accurate product and quantity of product is being loaded / transferred for customers.
- Maintain documentation control in all company platforms.
- Notify the manager immediately of any accidents, damage, violations, and areas of concerns to implement corrective measures and/or actions.
- Timely report of damaged or missing inventory.
- Conduct Inventory cycle counts of finished goods.
- Follow good housekeeping and safety practices at all times.
- Act as the warehouse backup as needed.
- Perform additional projects/duties to support ongoing business needs.
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals.
Requirements and Qualifications for Success:
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- Experience operating a box truck delivery vehicle.
- Working knowledge and experience in inventory management
- Familiarity with Order Fulfillment
- PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and ERP Systems
- High level of attention to detail and surroundings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, be versatile and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift 50-75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Experience/Certification operating a forklift is desirable.
- 2 years of Warehousing/Shipping/Receiving/Delivery Experience
- High level customer service experience and enjoy interactions with customers.
Why Should You Apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
To receive consideration, an interested person must apply through the AVI Systems career site.
|Min Hiring Rate
|Max Hiring Rate