President and CEO
Chief Financial Officer
“I am focused on building a truly great company that will continue to be truly great when I leave.” These are the words of AVI Systems founder Joe Stoebner, who started our company in Bismarck, North Dakota in 1974 as an audiovisual equipment supplier. In 1979 Joe bought out the other four shareholders and became 100% owner. The steady growth of the company was spurred forward with strategic acquisitions and expansions. Since 1986, ten acquisitions and three expansions have occurred.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, AVI
- Chairman, ESOP and Compensation Committee, AVI
- Former Rotary Club President, Bismarck, ND and Eden Prairie, MN
- Chairman of the Board, Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- President, Eden Prairie Community Foundation
- Founder, Habitat for Technology (eventually merged into Eden Prairie Schools Foundation)
- Funded Video Media Center for Communication to High School in China
- Received “Small Business of the Year” Award from the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce in 1998
- Named Northern State University “Alumni of the Year” in 1999
- Received the “Charles DeBono Volunteer Appreciation Award” in 2004
Jeff Stoebner joined AVI Systems in 1993. He learned the ropes by working first in technical services, then becoming a sales representative. He also spent time as a Regional Vice President, as well as AVI’s Vice President of Marketing and Chief Operating Officer. As President and CEO since 2009, Jeff is responsible for the overall planning and direction of AVI Systems.
- Named by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal as one of the Minnesota’s “40 Under 40” in 2010
- NSCA “Movers and Shakers” awardee in 2011
- InfoComm International board member 2013-2014
- Board member of the International Communications Industries Foundation
- SCN 2015 Hall of Fame Award
Randi spent eight years in public accounting with a regional accounting firm, and spent five years working for U.S. Bank Corporation (A NYSE-traded bank). After serving another nine years with a large, privately held international company, he joined AVI Systems in 1998. Today he manages all aspects of AVI Systems’ shared services organization, financial reporting and strategic planning.
- Holds a CPA and CMA
- Affiliated with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Managerial Accountants and Financial Executives International
- Named “CFO of the Year” in 2012 by the Kansas City Business Journal