“I am focused on building a truly great company that will continue to be truly great when I leave.” These are the words of AVI Systems founder Joe Stoebner, who started our company in Bismarck, North Dakota in 1974 as an audiovisual equipment supplier. In 1979 Joe bought out the other four shareholders and became 100% owner. The steady growth of the company was spurred forward with strategic acquisitions and expansions. Since 1986, ten acquisitions and three expansions have occurred.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, AVI
- Chairman, ESOP and Compensation Committee, AVI
- Former Rotary Club President, Bismarck, ND and Eden Prairie, MN
- Chairman of the Board, Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- President, Eden Prairie Community Foundation
- Founder, Habitat for Technology (eventually merged into Eden Prairie Schools Foundation)
- Funded Video Media Center for Communication to High School in China
- Received “Small Business of the Year” Award from the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce in 1998
- Named Northern State University “Alumni of the Year” in 1999
- Received the “Charles DeBono Volunteer Appreciation Award” in 2004
Jeff Stoebner joined AVI Systems in 1993. He learned the ropes by working first in technical services, then becoming a sales representative. He also spent time as a Regional Vice President, as well as AVI’s Vice President of Marketing and Chief Operating Officer. As President and CEO since 2009, Jeff is responsible for the overall planning and direction of AVI Systems.
- Named by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal as one of the Minnesota’s “40 Under 40” in 2010
- NSCA “Movers and Shakers” awardee in 2011
- InfoComm International board member 2013-2014
- Board member of the International Communications Industries Foundation
- SCN 2015 Hall of Fame Award
Randi spent eight years in public accounting with a regional accounting firm, and spent five years working for U.S. Bank Corporation (A NYSE-traded bank). After serving another nine years with a large, privately held international company, he joined AVI Systems in 1998. Today he manages all aspects of AVI Systems’ shared services organization, financial reporting and strategic planning.
- Holds a CPA and CMA
- Affiliated with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Managerial Accountants and Financial Executives International
- Named “CFO of the Year” in 2012 by the Kansas City Business Journal
Joel brings a wealth of experience to his role as AVI’s chief operating officer, charged with developing and delivering an outstanding customer experience through operational excellence. Before joining AVI, he served as Vice President of Global Services, Compression Technologies and Services at Ingersoll Rand, where he also held positions including Vice President, Enterprise Product Management and Sales Excellence, President of Climate Solutions Global Services and Vice President of Global Controls and Smart Products. Joel also served for 23 years in the Systems and Services Division of Johnson Controls, in roles ranging from field sales and operations, to North American leadership. Most notably, Lehman was a key leader in developing both the Building Wide Systems Integration, and Security and Fire Integration businesses within Building Efficiency.
- Holds an MS in General Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Elevate Ministry small group leader – Willow Creek Community Church
- Ingersoll Rand Global Leadership Program Graduate
- Marquette University School of Business, Graduate coursework in Marketing and Accounting
- Jazz Musician and Lead Vocalist
- Former Board Member, The Service Council
- Former Board Member, YMCA of Palatine Illinois
- Former Board Member, Mechanical Contractors’ Association Foundation
Brad leads a team of practice managers, technology leaders and enterprise architects to strategically align AVI’s lines of business as we grow. A consistent voice of technical leadership in audiovisual, unified communications and digital media, he draws on over 20 years of experience in AV and network systems implementation – primarily on enterprise-based systems in healthcare, education, global corporations and the Department of Defense. Prior to joining AVI in 2008 as regional vice president of the West Coast region, Brad served as CTO and Vice President of Sales/Marketing for Integrated Media Systems, National Director of Digital Media for MCSi, and COO/Managing Director for Icon Networks.
- Pioneered the use of MPEG multicast for statewide and district-wide distance learning applications with notable programs such as Hacienda LaPuete’ USD (three-time recipient of the Smithsonian Award for Technology in Academics), the Modern Red School House (Kayenta USD) and The Cascade Consortium (a distance learning network supporting central Washington State).
- Has presented executive briefings to Sandia National Laboratories, NNSA Technology Summit, US Navy Spawar, National Labs IT Symposium, TBSr/George Washington University, Department of Energy, and various financial services industry organizations.