At AVI, we live and breathe technology. It’s just part of our DNA. We’re deeply passionate about designing and integrating the latest technology for our customers. We cross the entire spectrum of business, government, health care, education and entertainment and we are currently seeking an AV Service Technician III to join our Milwaukee team.
What You'll Be Doing
Provide Equipment Maintenance and Repair Service:
- Diagnosis, service and repair of audio, video, electronic communications, and presentation equipment is provided within the assigned time frames with no supervision.
- Service offerings are explained and promoted to existing and new customers.
Provide technical consultation and supervision of work to less experienced technicians.
- Perform on-site and in-shop service, engineering and fabrication of special purpose devices when required.
- Complete all necessary documents pertaining to service orders, repairs, parts/materials ordering and inventory.
- Maintain parts and materials inventory in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain work areas and equipment service manual files in a clean, organized and professional manner.
- Accurate repair estimates are provided to the Customer Service Representative.
Technical consultation is provided to sales representatives related to equipment malfunction and similar problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, modify and load control system, DSP and other system software and firmware.
- A minimum chargeability of hours worked is 70%
- Assignments related to electronic equipment maintenance, repair and installation are regularly completed within the budgeted time.
- Leads for product or service sales are generated regularly and communicated to Area leadership.
- Considers customer feedback to improve quality and effectiveness of service.
- Customer complaints are resolved promptly and documented according to company policies.
- Any company instituted Customer Satisfaction Service Survey results meet its’ established performance ratings.
- Technical Services Standards for Business Practices, Maintenance Services and Internal Standards are consistently adhered to.
- Process and standards improvement recommendations are regularly communicated Area leadership.
- All additional assignments and responsibilities are handled in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- This position may be required to assist with project installation work.
- Directly accountable to the Technical Services Manager or Service Supervisor (where applicable).
What You Bring to Assure Success:
- Previous experience in the service or installation of audio, video, and/or audiovisual, presentation systems and IT/Networks
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and make sound decisions based on customer satisfaction
- Communication and customer relation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites
- InfoComm CTS-I Certification
- AQAV CQT Certification
Why should you apply?
Our customers consider us an active partner in their planning and strategy, as we are on the cutting edge of where the market is headed. We are able to attract and retain the best talent by leveraging our employee-owned (ESOP) environment as co-owners. If you want to participate in a company as a co-owner (AVI is 100% employee-owned!), join a team that lives and breathes by its values, and take on a new challenge in an ever-changing market, then apply now!
AVI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.